Keeping It Simple
Message by: Pastor Darrell Edgar
Sunday October 25, 2020
Summary: Do you ever get the feeling that sometimes we make things too hard for others and even ourselves to understand? Sometimes it happens by accident. But sometimes it happens with an underlying attempt to be exclusive. Religion has a history of sometimes being seen in such a way. It can be portrayed and seen as a bunch of rules and regulations (The Law) that make a relationship with God seem out of reach. Religion may or may not give us this impression. But God and His salvation are not out of reach or beyond understanding.
- Matthew 22:34-40
- Deuteronomy 6:5-9
- The Law was hard.
- Jesus broke it down and kept it simple.
- Love God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind.
- Love your neighbor as yourself.
- Knowing God helps us to genuinely love Him.
- There is a difference between being in love with God and loving God.
- We are to love God with all our being and living.
- We express our love through faith and obedience.
Important Takeaway/Conclusion: Are we just in love with God? Do we love God? It's ok to be both. But it is essential that we love God with all our heart and with all our soul and with all our strength.